WHAT ARE STUDENTS SAY:
“I wasn’t thinking in terms of “breadth” when it comes to a career path I would like to follow. My sessions opened up a broader spectrum to what was accessible”
“I learnt to consider the wider availability of jobs that my subject choices can provide”
“Undertaking the CareerWave programme made me think I need to be prepared and how unprepared I was before I met them”
Xeed Global partnered with CareerWave UK in 2018 to form CareerWave Middle East which offers a product portfolio of Careers Guidance & Employability services into schools, starting in the UAE. CareerWave ME is a one-stop-shop solution for high school students who require guidance to compete in a competitive changing jobs market. We offer a safe, secure & productive environment for students to thrive in. 96% of employers are looking for students with the right mindset and employability skills, and that’s exactly what we offer, Helping start the student’s journey into their future right!
WHAT WE OFFER
Personal Guidance: one-to-one, professional, independent and impartial career guidance. Delivered by our team of CDI registered Careers Advisers. Recommended by our current education partners. A virtual/remote alternative is now available to ensure continuity
Assessment Centre: we teach the full suite of Career Guidance and Development qualifications from Level 3 to Level 6. Delivered by experienced careers practitioners. Blended and bespoke learning options are available
Career Learning and Resources: a complete tutorial-based career education programme from Key Stages 3 to 5. Accessed through our new digital Learning Zone, it provides high quality learning and contributes to your stable careers programme
Grofar Management Toolkit: CareerWave is the north-east associate for the award-winning MI system for schools. Make managing your careers programme easy and engage learners.
- Have a 1 hour 121 personal guidance interview – this is usually with year 10 – year 13 students and can be done remotely online using a platform such as teams or zoom
- Receive an action plan detailing what has been discussed – where are they now, where do they want to be (options) and what action do they need to take to get there
- Register on our new learning zone for the career programme – they don’t have to use Grofar for this. This is a tutorial-based programme from year 7-13. Designed to be delivered by tutors (non-career specialists) over 30 min sessions x 9 throughout the year. Learners can also log into the learning zone and look at the programme in their own time.
- NB – the 121 guidance can be done with or without the careers programme. Generally, we wouldn’t deliver the careers programme – that would be done by a tutor in school.
- A typical learner (who is doing a guidance qualification with us) would register with us and an Awarding Body (OCR) for their qualification do a series of workshops with us (available face to face or remotely)
- Have 121 tutorials with us (face to face or remotely)
- Complete assignments
- Be observed by us (we are doing this over teams too at the moment)
- Gain a guidance qualification with us
- Employability training programme for year 12-13, focus on work experience